The World History Digital Education Foundation appreciates the efforts teachers have made to continue providing instruction online during the COVID-19 pandemic. As a way of supporting you and recognizing your great work, we invite you to submit a creative and engaging ONLINE lesson plan that utilizes resources from the World History Digital Education (WHDE) or Korean War Legacy Foundation (KWLF) websites. The winning lessons will be shared so all teachers can benefit from these resources during this difficult time.
Guidelines & Instructions
- Eligibility: must be a social studies teacher in grades 6-12 at the time of submission
- Only one entry per person is allowed
- Lessons should last between 45 minutes and 90 minutes and follow the attached template.
Ten Winners Will Receive:
- $300 cash award
- Local press release recognizing the achievement
- Lessons may be created for any social studies class grades 6-12 and should be designed for ONLINE remote instruction.
- Lessons should utilize resources from either the World History Digital Education website or the Korean War Legacy Foundation website.
- Lessons should be designed to take between 45 and 90 minutes and utilize our lesson template below. All materials associated with the lessons should be included in the submission.
- Only one entry per person is allowed.
Teachers may utilize and modify any of the following curricular resources:
- C3 Modules on the Korean War and its legacy
- Veteran’s Interview Archive
- Korean War Chapters
- Korean War Documentary: “Beyond the Bridge of No Return”
The deadline to submit a lesson plan for consideration in this competition is May 1, 2020.
Questions? Please contact Contest Coordinator Greg Ahlquist at email@example.com
* Please note: All winning lesson plans become the property of the WHDE and may be featured on our website.